Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I try to be honest with what's going on in my life in hopes of helping others... if I can share my experiences and struggles, maybe someone out there will see they're not alone. That being said, I also need to say that not everything is so difficult. Yes, life is seriously hard, especially right now. But there are so many good things as well. Tonight I reconnected with old college friends via Skype. They live in El Salvador, and I haven't seen them in over 6 years.

It's such a comforting thing to be able to pour out your heart to someone without fear of judgement, rebuke, or rejection. Sometimes it takes more bravery to let people in instead of running away and keeping your guard up. I'm an expert runner... I have many years experience keeping people at a distance and keeping a mask on. But it's tiring, and these days it gets old quickly.

I still know better than to give the truly honest answer to people that ask how I am and don't really care to know, but I'm less afraid than I used to be about being genuine.

So in the midst of some of the hardest times I've ever been through, I find it seriously comforting to admit I cannot do it on my own and to ask for help, knowing I won't be turned away.

No comments: